Property Accountant – London
Lionheart Property Management Inc. was established in January 2011 and it main office is located in London, ON. Lionheart focuses on residential single-family dwellings, small apartment complexes, and condominium management. If you’re a self-starter, motivated with a great attitude, a strong passion for customer service and the desire to succeed in the property management industry then this could be a great opportunity for you. This is a fulltime position.
- Ensure timely compilation and maintenance of accounting data to meet reporting deadlines
- Preparation of GST/PST remittances, bank reconciliations and monthly journal entries
- Prepare and collection of pre-authorized payments from tenants
- Prepare monthly reports and distributions of cash flows to owners
- Prepare year end cost statements and assist in final billing of tenants
- Prepare year end audit working papers and liaison with auditors
- Prepare various accounting reports and analysis as requested
- Prepare unaudited financial statements for internal and external users
- Reviewing of annual budgets and quarterly reforecast
- Support property management personnel in financial accounting matters
- Ensuring the financial reporting needs of their assigned portfolio of properties is met in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Distributes the financial statements to Board of Directors once approved by the Property Manager.
- Prepare all cheques for signing by senior management
- Ensures all accounts that command penalties are paid in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned
- Business degree or college diploma
- Real estate accounting knowledge preferred
- Willing to further develop your skills through ongoing education
Prior Related Experience:
Minimum 3 years experience in financial accounting in the property management or real estate industry preferred
- Self starter, motivated, results driven
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act, property standards and the Condominium Act an asset
- Assist in a financial capability including budgeting and overall financial management
- Able to demonstrate computer literacy using Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, Apple products, social media platforms and knowledge of Property management software and technology
- The ability to work in a fast paced office environment, outside of regular business hours and provide on-call support when needed.
You will be supported to attend industry seminars and events and to participate in other initiatives, which will encourage a broadening of knowledge and networks.
If you feel you might be interested in this role then please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email only by April 22, 2016. Please understand that only qualified candidates may be contacted. Thank you for your interest and we wish you all the best.